Lead-acid batteries, also known as acid batteries or acid-lead batteries, are a common and widely used type of battery. Here are some common names for lead-acid batteries:
- Lead-acid battery: This is the most common name for this type of battery, as it accurately describes its main components and working principle. Lead-acid batteries are composed of lead for the positive electrode, lead dioxide for the negative electrode, and sulfuric acid as the electrolyte.
- Acid battery: This name emphasizes the acidic nature of lead-acid batteries, as they operate in an acidic environment due to the presence of sulfuric acid in the electrolyte.
- Automotive battery: Lead-acid batteries specifically designed for automotive applications are often referred to as automotive batteries. They serve as the main source of power for the electrical systems of vehicles.
- Storage battery: This term is used to describe batteries that can convert electrical energy into chemical energy and store it for later use, with lead-acid batteries being one of the most common types of storage batteries.
- UPS battery: Acid-lead batteriess are commonly used in uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems to provide backup power and protect equipment from power interruptions.
- Solar battery: Acid-lead batteries can also be used in solar systems to store the electrical energy generated by solar panels for later use.
These are some common names for lead-acid batteries, used to describe different applications and specific battery types. Due to their reliability, cost-effectiveness, and wide range of applications, lead-acid batteries are extensively used in automotive, power backup systems, solar systems, and many other applications.
For more than 20 years, JYC Battery has been committed to the research and development and production of lead-acid batteries. At present, the lead-acid batteries produced by the company include GP series, DC series, GEL series, car start-stop series, truck batteries and marine batteries, etc., to meet the requirements of users for various batteries.